Quick Legal Formats Private Ltd, LegalFormatsIndia.com and its affiliates (collectively, “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate websites, provide forms and precedents, services through websites, mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “sites,” “services,” or “our sites and services.”
- Collection of your Personal Information
We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number and IP address. If you avail and/or purchase our Services, we collect and store your billing and credit/debit card information. The information that we collect and store often depends on the type of Service that you use. For example, when you register with us, we collect and maintain your account information such as login name, password, email address and contact information. If you contact our customer service personnel, we may record the phone call or retain the email string or chat transcript for quality assurance purposes. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your Postal Code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites. We will not delete customer information other than upon customer request. However, we reserves the right to delete customer information for members with a free account status at any time. In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.
- Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
We or our third-party service providers may collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
We are not responsible for the privacy statements, privacy practices, or content on websites or services outside of those we operate.
- Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including but not limited to:-
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services;
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure;
- our third party service providers’ legitimate interests as described in “Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies” above;
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our sites and services;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, summons, or court order.
- How We Use Personal Information
4.1 Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your purchase of, or subscription to, our services or any other contract entered into between you and us;
- to enable site features such as logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies;
- to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience;
- to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to meet contractual obligations;
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins;
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- to manage our sites’ and services’ administration, forum management, or fulfilment;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications; and
- to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
4.2 Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites;
- to understand and analyze trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behavior;
- to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- to customize ads, content, or offers on our sites and services; and
- to conduct market research and measurement in order to improve our sites, content, and services and to make our sites, content, and services more useful for users.
- Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, such services include maintenance, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, marketing, email and text message distribution, customer service, and surveys and sweepstakes;
- when you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through our sites and services, request information, purchase a form or precedent or service, or otherwise submit a request through our sites and services, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the forms and precedents or services you requested, or complete a transaction, including a third party broker, aggregator, or other referral service to share and/or sell your information to a lender, dealer, or other financial institution in connection with your online request.
- where necessary to operate our sites and services, your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a summon, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of our assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company;
- we may share information about you with our subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with us and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you forms and precedents and services in which you may be interested.
We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Non-personal information may be shared with our partners who referred you to our site(s) and who may use the data for their market research and measurement purpose. User information may also be shared with our partners who help us deliver ads to you on websites not controlled by us; for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that pixel to optimize the traffic that they send to us.
- User Generated Content, Online Communities and Forums, Profiles, Surveys, Reviews and Ratings
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information
We encourage you to keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate. The methods for accessing, viewing, correcting, and deleting your personal information will depend on which sites or services you use and their features. You have several choices; for instance:
- to view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the web page on our site where you originally submitted the data and follow the instructions on that web page;
- to correct or update your account information, you can log into the site or service where you are registered and navigate to your account;
- to close your account, you can log into the site or service where you are registered and navigate to your account;
You can also manage certain aspects of information collection and use, including disabling geo-location, by going to the settings of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application.
If you have questions about your options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Protecting your privacy and security is important and we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data.
- Storing Personal Information
- Email and Other Communications
Our sites and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through SMS, and other electronic communication channels. We may make available text messaging services in which you can receive messages from us and send messages to us on your mobile phone.
- Security and Retention of your Personal Information
You are responsible for safeguarding and preventing unauthorized access to the user information and password that you use to access our Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. Please immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our services. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems. When disclosing any personal or protected health information, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Accordingly, you should carefully consider if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that your use of the Internet and our sites and services is solely at your risk. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all your personal information.
- Linked Websites and Services
We may also provide social media features on our sites and services that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s) and to interact with our sites and services. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media site(s) with which you interact.
- Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our sites and services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third-party websites or online services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will take steps to promptly delete such information. Our sites and services generally require users to be at least 18 years of age.
- International Users
We are headquartered in the India. Our sites and services are intended for users in the India and hosted and administrated in the India or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the India and in other countries. If you are located outside India, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to, and stored in India and in any other countries from where our cloud service providers operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your information for processing and storage to India and any other country from where our cloud service providers operate.
- Contacting Us